12.12.2007

Tis the Season...to make cookies...fa..la..la..la..lalalalal






It is December and the count down has begun...13 days till Christmas. In the midst of the hustle and bustle we try and remember the "reason for the season". It is hard to teach your preschool and toddlers that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas day. In hopes of teaching my children we are going to be making Jesus a birthday cake this year!

Besides trying to forge Christmas traditions with our kiddo's we have been busy making cookies, wrapping presents and watching all the fun shows (i.e., Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer). The kids are having so much fun. I mean right now as I type Reilly is looking for his "stinking" shoe and telling us to "quit" talking to him. Liam is tattle tailing on Reilly and Natalie is running around with one boot on and one off. Just another day! As I said "Tis the Season".

I got to meet with my good friend Deb on Saturday for lunch and some shopping. It was so great to have adult conversation and to not be interrupted a 100 times. It was great to catch up! I participated in the annual Jingle Bell Run last Sunday (5K). It was soooooo cold. I ran with my cousin, her friend Hilary, and her SIL Mindy. We had our small group Christmas party Sunday evening and we have just off to a running start this holiday season.

Jason is busy with work at Cavanaugh Auto and at the Church. He is loving his job at the church. He is hunting a lot this week as it is his last week of Elk hunting until next year. He got a deer in early season, but he would like to get an Elk. Besides work he has not been doing much.

I am looking forward to spending Christmas with just Jason and the kids. It will be a first for us and I am sure by noon I will miss everyone, but it is good for us. We plan on eating out Christmas Eve and then attending Christmas Eve Service with the kids. I love this time of year!

As always here are some pictures of us.
Jess

No comments:


Blog Archive