6.21.2007

A Day at Lake Nolte




Well summer is finally here. We had beautiful weather today - finally! It marks the beginning of summer for us. I am watching my good friend Kileen's kids Jacob (13), Amanda (10) and Hannah (7) for the summer on Tue & Wed. Tuesday we spent the day at Lk. Wilderness and had a picnic lunch and then yesterday I picked the kids up and we headed to Nolte State Park. It was a lot of fun. I bet Amanda $5 she could not swim to the buoy and back - she tried but it was too cold. We got to watch a bald Eagle swoop down and take a baby duck that was swimming across the lake with its Mommy and brothers and sisters. It was very sad and we tried to get it to fly away by yelling at it, but it was determined. Even a flock of Crows tried to detour it. It was amazing to watch as I have never seen anything like it and it was up close, but sad at the same time.

We spent the rest of the day napping and reading then playing outside at there house. It was a fun day and my kids were worn out.

No comments:


Blog Archive